You're always more than welcome to use a sub-domain at tadabase.io, for example: demo.tadabase.io to host your apps. But if you'd like to have your domains hosted using your own domain here's how you do that:
- Within your app, click on Settings > Domain Settings
- In the custom domain section enter the domain name you wish to use for this app. Keep in mind that www.mysite.com is not the same as mysite.com
That's all you need to do on the app, the next step is to log onto wherever your DNS is hosted (ie. GoDaddy etc) and create a new CNAME record and forward it to us-apps-1.tadabase.io
- GoDaddy: https://ie.godaddy.com/help/add-a-cname-record-19236
- Google Domains: https://support.google.com/domains/answer/9211383
- Wix: https://support.wix.com/en/article/adding-or-updating-cname-records-in-your-wix-account
We use CNAME's instead IP addresses to mitigate any single points of failure. IP Addresses are generally assigned to a specific resource vs a Load Balancer than can ensure reliability and redundancy. On Enterprise plans you can add root domains as well as multiple domains in the same app. If you require having Root Domain ability while not on Enterprise plans you can purchase a Static IP that uses special global broadcasting to mitigate any single points of failure. The cost of for a dedicated IP address is $1200/year.
IMPORTANT: Never use our IP address in your A record. We use load balancing and auto-scaling technology which crash your site the moment anything changes.
If you've updated the CNAME record and the site is still not loading correctly, please check the following.
- Make sure the DNS record shows up correctly here: https://mxtoolbox.com/CnameLookup.aspx
- Be sure to only enter the subdomain part of your URL in your DNS settings. When creating a CNAME record, make sure to only put in your subdomain as the host, not the full domain. If you're planning on using app.example.com, only enter 'app' for the host value.
- Getting an SSL Error? Custom Domains are not available during trial periods.
If you are planning on using the Map component and/or the Address autocomplete, we will need to whitelist your custom domain. Please contact us about this via chat or email.