You're always more than welcome to use a sub-domain at tadabase.io, for example: demo.tadabase.io to host your apps. But if you'd like to have your domains hosted using your own domain here's how you do that:
- Within your app, click on Settings > Domain Settings
- In the custom domain section enter the domain name you wish to use for this app. Keep in mind that www.mysite.com is not the same as mysite.com
That's all you need to do on the app, the next step is to log onto wherever your DNS is hosted (ie. GoDaddy etc) and create a new CNAME record and forward it to sites.tadabase.io
- GoDaddy: https://ie.godaddy.com/help/add-a-cname-record-19236
- Google Domains: https://support.google.com/domains/answer/9211383
- Wix: https://support.wix.com/en/article/adding-or-updating-cname-records-in-your-wix-account
Please note: SSL Certificates are not issued during trial periods. Feel free to use the CNAME of sites.tadabase.io instead, during your trial.
IMPORTANT: Never use our IP address in your A record. We use load balancing and auto-scaling technology which crash your site the moment anything changes.
When creating a CNAME record, make sure to only put in your subdomain as the host, not the full domain.
If you're planning on using app.example.com, only enter 'app' for the host value.
If you are planning on using the Map component and/or the Address autocomplete, we will need to whitelist your custom domain. Please contact us about this via chat or email.