Letter Stream Pipe
- A Letter Stream account
In order to use Letter Stream with Tadabase, it is necessary to have a Letter Stream account. If you do not have one, you can create a Letter Stream account at https://www.letterstream.com/ls/signup?.
Install the Letter Stream Pipe
To connect your Letter Stream account to Tadabase you need to obtain your Letter Stream API Keys and insert it in the dialog window that pops up when you install the pipe.
Your Letter Stream API credentials can be found by logging into your Letter Stream account and navigating to "My Account" ->"API Information".
There are four Global Parameters in this pipe. The default values for these parameters are automatically set when you install the pipe. You can change these values at any time in the Global Parameters tab of your installed Letter Stream pipe.
- API ID
- API Secret
All API calls below must contain the authorization details in the global parameters.
Create a New Job
Send a letter or a post card.
- API ID*
- API Key*
- PDF URL*
- Unique Job ID* - A job name. Even though it may only be one recipient, it's still a job in the Letter Stream system. Adding an easily recognizable name for future reference will make it easier to find information later on. This must be unique across all active or mailed jobs. Must be between 8 and 20 characters.
- Number of Pages* - Enter the number of pages in the PDF File. Default: 1
- Sender First Name*
- Sender Last Name*
- Sender Address Line 1*
- Sender Address Line 2*
- Sender City*
- Sender State*
- Sender Zip Code*
- Recipient First Name*
- Recipient Last Name*
- Recipient Address Line 1*
- Recipient Address Line 2*
- Recipient City*
- Recipient State*
- Recipient Zip Code*
- Mail Type* - The type of document/mail piece. firstclass|firstclass_hse|certified|certnoerr|postcard|flat|propostcard
- Ink* - B (Black and White) or C (Colored). Default: C
Return Envelope* - Y or N. Right window return envelope with security tint. Designed to be used in conjunction with PERF(orated) paper option. Window dimensions are from bottom left side of document 4.625 inches to 8.375 inches and from the bottom edge of the document .625 inches and 1.75 inches. Please use the pre-flight tool to verify positioning. 634 for statement paper. Options: Y, 9RWS, 9LWS, 634, N. Default: Y
- 634 – 6 ¾ return env
- Y = 9RWS either option can be specified
- 9LWS should be specified for a #9 Left Window Security return envelope
Cover Sheet* - Shall Letter Stream generate and include a coversheet? If your document is not formatted to fit our windowed envelopes, you must select Y for this
option. We automatically create the coversheet using the supplied address information.
- HTTP Status Code
- Auth Code - the Code used to Authorize the job.
- Doc ID
- Doc Job
- Doc Cost
Check Account Status
Check the status of your Letter Stream account, and view your balance.
There are no parameters for this API call.
- Message ID
- Balance - Your Letter Stream account balance.
- Test Mode - Is Test Mode enabled for your account?
Authorize a Job
- Auth Code* - The Auth Code is returned by the "Create a New Job" API call.
- HTTP Status Code - If the status code is -200, this call is successful.
- Details - The details of whether this call was successful or not.
To learn more about this Pipe and see additional Examples, please see the the Letter Stream API Documentation: https://www.letterstream.com/ls/myacct?action=api.